Board Minutes 12/12/18

ROTONDA MEADOWS/VILLAS CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION

BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
DECEMBER 12, 2018

The duly noticed Board of Directors’ meeting of the Rotonda Meadows/Villas Conservation Association, Inc. was held on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at the Management Office, 3754 Cape Haze Drive, Rotonda West, Florida. The meeting was called to order at 12:10 p.m. Directors in attendance were John Brandenberger, Peter Traverso and Sage Andress. Also present were former president Noel Andress and Association Managers Tim Freeman and Brenda Himmelhaver and interested property owners.

A quorum was present so the meeting could proceed.

Following a brief discussion, a slate of officers was presented as follows:

Sage Andress President
Peter Traverso Vice President
John Brandenberger Secretary/Treasurer

On MOTION by Peter Traverso and second by John Brandenberger, the Board agreed unanimously to approve the slate of officers as presented.

MINUTES

The Minutes of the November Board meeting were tabled until the next meeting.

TREASURER’S REPORT

Tim Freeman reported the finances were reviewed at the annual meeting prior to this Board meeting. He will get new bank signature cards to be signed. Following a brief discussion, the Board agreed unanimously on MOTION by Pete Traverso and second by John Brandenberger to approve the proposed 2019 budget as mailed to members.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

Deed Restrictions: Tim Freeman reviewed the deed violations and their status. Dumping and shooting guns are a little better than in previous years. The Association could put a lot of rocks to block off-roading and boat launching. Discussion followed. It was suggested putting in writing to have the sheriff’s department patrol the Meadows/Villas area. There was concern about the lack of enforcement by the sheriff’s office to patrol.

ACC: No report.

RMC: No report.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

Electric Power: It was suggested forming a Power Committee. On MOTION by Pete Traverso and second by John Brandenberger the Board agreed unanimously to form a Power Committee and appoint Noel Andress as its Chairman.

A conference call was then placed to the Association attorney, Bill Sundstrom, to discuss the problem with lack of power in the Association. Considerable discussion followed on who may be able to help move this project forward.
• Easements need to be confirmed. John Brandenberger and Management will research.
• Brannon & Gillespie (Engineering Firm) are professionals in this field and their specialty is working with FPL. Noel Andress will talk with them and if the conversation goes well, they could be brought on as consultants.
• If Easements can be confirmed, preparation may be made to file application with IDA (Industrial Development Authority).
• Lastly sources of funding should be considered.

NEW BUSINESS

Next Meeting: The next Board meeting is Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at noon.

ADJOURNMENT

There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting adjourned at 1:20 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Brenda D. Himmelhaver
Association Manager