Board Minutes 2/20/19

ROTONDA MEADOWS/VILLAS CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
FEBUARY 20, 2019

The duly noticed Board of Directors’ meeting of the Rotonda Meadows/Villas Conservation Association, Inc. was held on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at the Management Office, 3754 Cape Haze Drive, Rotonda West, Florida. The meeting was called to order by President and Chairman, Sage Andress at 12:25 p.m. Directors in attendance were John Brandenberger, Peter Traverso and Sage Andress. Also present were Noel Andress, Association Managers Tim Freeman and Brenda Wright and property owners designated on the attached sign in sheet. A quorum was present so the meeting could proceed.

MINUTES
MOTION was made by John Brandenberger, seconded by Peter Traverso, and unanimously carried to approve the Minutes of the January 16, 2019 Board of Directors’ meeting as presented.

FPL Project: The Directors agreed to forego the order of the agenda and invited Danny Brannon of Brannon & Gillespie, Consulting Engineers, to answer questions and present a report on his findings thus far regarding bringing electric to the community. Following the question and answer session, it was the consensus of the Directors to 1) review the process to have power brought to large lot owners who could grant easements for installation of the utility underground; 2) Danny Brannon schedule a meeting with Charlotte County Right of Way official, Tony Cissel to discuss County access of easement for underground electric and setting up MSBU. The Board will provide a copy of a previous survey of as-builts and will search for the Charlotte County Utility easements survey. The timeframe goal is to meet on June 1, 2019 with the MSBU. Mr. Brannon left the meeting following the discussion.

TREASURER’S REPORT
Tim Freeman informed the Directors that all accounts balance, there are no issues at this time with budget, and the CPA’s are working on the year-end report.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Deed Restrictions: Tim Freeman reviewed the deed violations and their status including an unapproved dock on Bass Road. He noted that Management is working on a Deed Restriction Policy to put into place regarding repeat items such as parking violations.

ACC: None at this time.

RMC: None at this time.

OLD BUSINESS
FPL Project: This matter was discussed earlier in this meeting.

Off-Duty Deputy Details Report: Mr. Freeman reported that there were no incidents during the recent off-duty deputy details other than a few people fishing. It was the consensus of the Board to continue the off-duty deputy details and owners will provide Management with feedback regarding the details.

Burrowing Owls: Tim Freeman contacted the county regarding the burrowing owls and was directed to FWC. FWC informed him that they do not re-locate the owls unless there is a construction project that affects their burrow in which case they just collapse the burrows.

MSBU Audit: Mr. Freeman reported that he has asked for an update and has not yet received it.

NEW BUSINESS None at this time.

OTHER BUSINESS:
Owner Input: Owner on Pheasant Lane asked about paving and was directed to contact Charlotte County paving manager for pot hole issues.

Next Meeting: The next Board meeting is Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 1 p.m.

ADJOURNMENT
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting adjourned at 1:45 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Brenda Wright, Association Manager