Board Minutes of 10/25/17

ROTONDA MEADOWS/VILLAS CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION

BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2017

The duly noticed Board of Directors’ meeting of the Rotonda Meadows/Villas Conservation Association was held on Wednesday, October 25, 2017. The meeting was called to order at 11:10 a.m. Directors present were Noel Andress, John Brandenberger and Peter Traverso. Also present were Association Managers Dianne Beymer and Tim Freeman and six members.

A quorum of the Board was present so the meeting could proceed.

MINUTES

On MOTION by John Brandenberger, seconded by Peter Traverso, the Board voted unanimously to approve the Minutes of the September 27, 2017 Board meeting as presented.

TREASURER’S REPORT

The checkbook, bank statements and Trial Balance reconcile. Tim Freeman reviewed the financial reports and explained expenses are in line with the budget with the exception of Entrance Landscape Maintenance, which is slightly over budget due to beautification along Rt. 771. Although over budget, this project was paid for with surplus funds from prior years.

There was a discussion about sending delinquent accounts to the Association’s attorney for collection, which will probably be done in February.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

Deed Restrictions: 29 Elm – still having parking issues. Tim Freeman is having trouble finding a good mailing address for the owner.

ACC: None

RMC: None

OLD BUSINESS

FPL Project Update: Tim Freeman continues having difficulty reaching anyone at Pike regarding the power project.
There have been numerous questions via phone regarding the power project mailing. Tim Freeman has been making sure callers know the power lines will be overhead pole to pole and underground street to house. The deadline for responses to the mailing is November 15. After they have been reviewed, they will be taken to the commissioners.

Water/Sewer Connection Fees: Tabled for now


NEW BUSINESS

Management Contract: Tim Freeman emailed the management contract to the Board for review; however, Noel Andress didn’t receive it. Mr. Freeman will re-send the contract and the Board will vote on it at the next meeting. Mr. Andress asked that a year-to-date accounting of estoppel fees paid to GPS and management’s share of transfer fees be provided at the next meeting.

TDU Hearing: The hearing is scheduled for November 15th at noon. The proposed change applies to all multi-family lots and would affect their property values. Discussion followed.

OTHER BUSINESS

Tim Freeman said he’s trying to hold off until Thanksgiving or as close to the end of the year as possible for the next mowing.

Mr. Freeman asked West County Mowing for an estimate to clean up damage from Irma. He will follow-up with Kenny Anderson.

Noel Andress attended the Wetlands Conference on behalf of the Association. The group in opposition does not want any mitigation on wetland lots. More hearings to come.

Noel Andress presented and reviewed the coastal high hazards map revision. There was discussion how this affects Meadows/Villas. The map revisions have been approved by the County Commissioners and are now at the state for approval.

A member commented that the 19 homeowners in Meadows who paid to have power brought to their homes want assurance they won’t be charged again through the MSBU, and would be unable to support the project if they will be charged. Noel Andress said the Association submits a list of lots to be billed under the MSBU to the County, and will exclude existing homes from the list. He explained the recent mailing is not official, just an opinion survey to show the Commissioners how many owners support the power project.

There was a question about the completion of paving and lack of street signs. Mr. Freeman explained we’re waiting for the County to complete the paving. He also explained because street signs get shot up and/or knocked down and they’re paid for through the MSBU, the County only installs them on major roads and where there are homes for emergency purposes.

The homeowners reported racing and other illegal activities have been increasing. Tim Freeman will get specific days and times and notify the Sheriff’s department.

Payables: Payables were reviewed and checks signed.
Next Meeting: The next meeting is scheduled for November 15, 2017 at 12:00 p.m.
ADJOURNMENT
There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting adjourned at 12:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted,

Dianne Beymer
Association Manager